Please review the spiritual, academic/behavioral and financial criteria for GCS students and families listed below. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Students and at least one parent must regularly attend and be involved in a Christ-centered church, showing a sustained commitment to a local church. Pastoral references may be required (see Student Handbook page 8, Statement of Cooperation )
- Students in 6th - 12th grades will be asked to give a personal salvation testimony (profession of faith)
- Parents should be the main source of spiritual guidance for their children. GCS is committed to come along-side parents and assist them in providing biblical training. Regular worship and attendance within a local church body and commitment by families to be distinctively Christian in lifestyle is essential to "training-up a child in the way he should go." (Proverbs 22:6).
- Students must be in good academic standing with their current school.
- Report cards from previous school must show a consistent effort in academic and behavioral performance (discipline reports will be requested from previous school).
- Academic testing may be necessary for proper grade level placement.
- Students will not be admitted who have been expelled or are currently under extended suspension for behavior reasons.
- All financial obligations to GCS must be kept current.
- GCS does not accept families that have not met financial obligations at a previous school.
- Tuition fees may be made in a lump sum (once or twice during the school year) or monthly through the FACTS Management System using electronic withdrawal from a bank account.
How to Enroll
Initial Admission Requirements:
- Review the Admission Criteria above.
- Contact GCS for a Registration Packet.
- New students and families must meet with the Building Administrator for an interview. Families should bring a transcript or report card from their former school to the interview and a copy of a 504/IEP, if applicable. Elementary (K4-5th) families please call 810-743-3110, Middle and High School families (6th-12th) please call
810-743-3108, for an interview or tour.
- Depending on a student’s academic need, a placement test may be given before registration.
New Student Registration (paperwork is in the Registration Packet)
Families that would like to register at GCS must complete the following:
- Application for each student ($10 application fee for each student)
- Copy of birth certificate and vaccination or vaccination waiver
- Statement of Cooperation (1 per family)
- Registration Fee for each student (please refer to the Tuition and Fee Schedule)
- Tuition Payment Preference Form (1 per family)
- New families that will be paying monthly (10 or 12 month) need to enroll in the FACTS Management program